View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The “Truth” Is Worse Than Feared - New US Health Care Bill

The thought is a step in the right direction, but the action being taken is not. I was once excited by this initiative a long time ago, before I realized who and how the cost would be controlled. Aside from small slaps on the hand of the Health Insurancy and Pharmaceutical Industry.

Once again, the people are being asked...Excuse me, correction...Are being "told" to flip the cost for a broken system they did not break to begin with. The primary focus of lowering and controlling cost for this system should come from those who broke it by inflating, generating and falsely engineering cost. This would be addressing Health Insurers, Pharmaceutical Companies, and poor expense management by doctors (to name a few). Any and every time you have a bill that requires a behind the door arm twisting/effort to pass it, there is something wrong with that. Furthermore, there is something wrong with those who organize such a meeting out of public view. Remember when all this first surfaced and Health Insurers were crying and lobbying? That was up until they had a behind the door meeting with Obama and his administration. Notice how they are now for the most part, quite quiet. Sure the Insurance companies will lower their costs, why they just gained 30-40 million new customers paying into their system annually. Can you imagine that profit margin?

I was reading the comment of a box of tissues generating a cost of $100. That is the problem in itself, not who's going to pay for it, but why the price tag, when the patient or doctor can buy that same box of tissue for $3.00 at the local grocer. Yet, we cheer the people being told that all will be covered by this plan as long as we pay for it, and the caveat of us not paying will result as fines, or potential jail time.

Now, back on the ranch, the Health Insurance and Pharmaceutical exec's and policy makers are fre-e-e-e to be. There is no penalty for them. LOL!

I recall during the primaries how Obama refuted Hillary Clintons proposal of assessing a fee or penalty on those who don't or couldn't pay into her Univeral Health Care plan, and accused her "behind the door" meetings with select people, further tainting the idea....Well, "How do you like me now?"

This is much like solving world hunger. We have the resources to do it, but it is not done. Let's look at Africa. Countries have gone in and simply stripped and stripping that beautiful continent for it's precious resources, while displacing many of it's people. Yet, they are starving over there and the only help they mostly receive is through volunteerism, not those whom created their conditions and/or whom are getting rich off their land. The weatlhiest continent on this planet, has the poorest of humanity living on it. They are dead and dying and killing each other for what is within their reach. So, that brings us back to healthcare, it does not require us to pay anything to fix it and have everyone covered, it just requires the rich, greedy, and immoral to stop breaking it. Now, we are fighting each other instead of going after the creators of our dilemma.

A point was made about removing all of the toxins, pollutants from our food and water supply, and frankly investing in new natural medicines and research the way we invest in pharmaceutical medicines. That would be a very good start. It has been proven that the Big Pharm medicines usually cure or minimizes one ailment, that then creates a side affect or new ailment requiring the patient to purchase another medicine. Have you noticed how all of these so called FDA approved medications are always the medicines being recalled or found to have killed or injured. Now, everyone will be able to afford being killed and injured by these entities. So why are we cheering, or better yet accepting this?

This system and it's manipulators/abusers need to be abolished and restructured with integrity, not refinanced by it's victims.
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote