View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #16
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

I guess it's all very interesting to debate these fine points, but Edward in his first post said he is a Christian, by his definition. Arcora has stated that he/she is a Christian, if I am not mistaken...

What is a Christian? One who follows Christ.

Sooooo

What is the mandate? Love thy neighbor as thyself? Right?

Christ never said, nor do I think intended for a following to rise up around him and become part of the power structure he so valiantly railed against -I am certain following Christ does not have to include biblical nitpickery and arguing the "right" beliefs about words in a book. If so, you can have my share of it.

Your inflexibility and defensiveness does not reflect well on your hearts understanding of the Word you go to such lengths to protect from criticism. You see, I may not believe a word of the bible 'story', but the message of LOVE and Peace and Forgiveness is integrated into my heart, the dogma is irrelevant. Christianity is not the only path to Christ-consciousness.

Why does Edwards post bother people so much? It's a dis on the church and corruption, not Christ-consciousness.
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote