View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #11
majorlee
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spiritual confusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Thanks for the posts so far. It has been 2-3 hours since I posted my question and I greatly appreciate the comments.

What I have been bothered by is the dissenting opinions on meditation and specifically on defining spirituality. Despite my vast ignorance, I know that love is key to the evolution of the man and the universe. What troubles me though is this talk of ascension, and spiritual fast track as we come closer to 2012. Religion tells me to be kind, loving, and submissive of God's will. In doing that I gain entrance into heaven and eternal happiness. However, I feel just breaking even with the 'good deeds' and the 'evil' are not good enough. I truly want to grow and leave what is becoming an increasing egocentric society. Not only that, I want to exhort my friends and family to not choose materialism, but to break free and appreciate greater things. As being an aware individual compels me to help others, I search for ways to make myself useful.

Anyways I would carefully read any suggestion and try to understand it from the heart.

Thanks

The best way to help others is to help yourself!!

people will see a change in you for the better (hopefully lol) and will try and follow your example, they will ask you why you are so happy to be un-materialistic and question themselves with your answers

almost what ghandi is saying in your signiture

i dont believe in God but i do want to make the best choices for an eternal life, what is important is the present, now, here! do the best you can from now on, but remember we are humans given free will, so we all make mistakes sometimes!
majorlee is offline   Reply With Quote