View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #300
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dr. Steven Greer, Disinfo Agent? Details Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Your name implies that you are trained as an observer.
The "trained observer" name is nothing but a handle to use in forums and whatnot. It is a vague reference to its use in UFO literature. It is essentially meaningless otherwise. It could have been Pudd'n and Tang for that matter. You are trying too hard. I don't use my real name because it is just as meaningless and I rather like my privacy however, I routinely exchange contact information with individuals who ask for it and I have become familiar with to some degree. I have a great respect for people's privacy and certainly enjoy my own. I've seen too many peoples personal lives destroyed by this subject to be devil-may-care about it. You shouldn't be either.

Quote:
What have you researched? ... books read ...
I have had a life-long interest in UFOs which began at the age of 11 or so for no particular reason than I thought it was an interesting subject. I've read pretty much all I could get my hands on it for over 40 years or so. I have a small library of UFO books and pamphlets (some pretty hard to find) I have collected over the years. I have personally interviewed several people who have shared their experiences with me in confidence. I have never published anything that has ever been told to me in confidence.

I am a trained observer however in one respect. I was trained to observe events that occur in nanoseconds ... using the appropriate instrumentation of course. Something I no longer do. I am also trained to solve problems and present information in a coherent manner (although I frequently fail). I was trained by the various commercial entities that I worked for as many people have been throughout their careers.

The whole "disinfo" business, like most of the UFO business is 99.9% make believe. Government agencies really have no need to interject disinformation into the UFO community. It generates its own quite well. I do however recognize that disinformation campaigns have been run by government and military organizations in the past and undoubtedly continue to this day although for the life of me I don't know why they continue to bother.

I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone's feelings in this discussion about Greer. It is just so obvious from evidence that is readily available to anyone who cares to review it that the man is fabricating so many things that I find it incredible it even has to be pointed out. Sometimes my bed-side manner, so to speak, could be better I admit.

I have been taken advantage of and abused over the years like everyone else. I hate to see others taken advantage of and their good natures abused. So when I perceive a con-job I have to say something. I have an interest in learning the truth about the UFO phenomena however I am extremely discouraged that this will ever take place. The secrecy and mystery surrounding the UFO phenomena is owned and operated by the phenomena itself. Any disclosure or revelation must come from it and not human agents. Sadly, history shows us in stark relief that the UFO phenomena has no intention of revealing itself to us in other than the most obtuse manners imaginable. To take anything presented as "truth" by any aspect of the phenomena itself is a classic mistake often made. The word of alleged aliens is notoriously unreliable and should be viewed with great suspicion and caution. It should be obvious from Greer's own statements that he has 'gone native' and believes whatever he thinks they tell him (if they are indeed communicating with him). I cannot put enough emphasis on how dangerous such a thing can be and how far from the truth it can lead you.

So, peace, love, and all that jazz.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 02-16-2010 at 06:01 PM.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote