View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #297
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dr. Steven Greer, Disinfo Agent? Details Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Heated debate is part of debate, there is no avoiding it. These are sensitive topics, it is going to happen. It is a natural healthy part of the process of learning.
I agree, so long as people can stay respectful, I say why not let it all out.

My opinion of Greer is that he started out well enough with good intentions before and up to his disclosure project in 2001, but you know what they say; the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I think Greer lead himself to the point of today, which is not really that different from many of the figures in this field, its a very common thing, you know, they get old, their accomplishments start feeling like failures, they have nothing new to say in interviews so they make stuff up, they will have already tried living with integrity but usually end up broke, so they do what most everyone else is doing, try to make money and join the community of alternative entertainers who are just full of stories to tell.

Unfortunately this has a counter effect in that tarnishes the previous good and serious work that he/she/they became renowned for.

Mr. John Lear calls it "UFO disease".

However I do believe that a percentage of those CSETI expeditions do result in genuine ufo sightings, I've met more than one person that confirmed this for me, not including Jnana here at Avalon, who I also definitely believe.

Dr. Greer is neither a disinfo agent nor a 100% completely pure man, he is somewhere in the middle.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote