View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #30
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: looks like teapartys are now officially dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have parents who hang on Fox and believe it all. I also know a lot of middle age people who keep Fox (or other mainstream) on 24/7. They are fearful, depressed, cynical and they don't have any New ideas. It's also filtering into the brains of the next generation. Is is our duty to get them off the "fear hook?" How do we say it without p?ssing them off? What about parents without internet? [/COLOR] lindabaker

Hi Linda - will they read news magazines or news papers? Snippet from an article in The Nation below:

Since 2007 at least seventy-five registered lobbyists, public relations representatives and corporate officials--people paid by companies and trade groups to manage their public image and promote their financial and political interests--have appeared on MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, CNBC and Fox Business Network with no disclosure of the corporate interests that had paid them. Many have been regulars on more than one of the cable networks, turning in dozens--and in some cases hundreds--of appearances.

For lobbyists, PR firms and corporate officials, going on cable television is a chance to promote clients and their interests on the most widely cited source of news in the United States. These appearances also generate good will and access to major players inside the Democratic and Republican parties. For their part, the cable networks, eager to fill time and afraid of upsetting the political elite, have often looked the other way. At times, the networks have even disregarded their own written ethics guidelines. Just about everyone involved is heavily invested in maintaining the current system, with the exception of the viewer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20.../20100301jones

Time Magazine article regarding Sarah Palin:
http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...963564,00.html

It's all still part of the MSM but it least it offers a different view and reading is good for the brain

Good luck - I have a co-worker whom I really like working with as long as she isn't giving me the latest news via Bill O'Reilly

EL
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote