View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Are We Using Our Time?

Hi Seashore,

Thanks for the thread. I quite agree, it is endless. I think that's part of my fear to addiction of logging on and posting at Avalon. In the end, it ultimately might not achieve much more than feed my ego. A bit like going down the pub and prodding a pipe at people while you tell them your version of reality.

The myriad, unending threads of 'news' at Avalon is a bit like the People's Front of Judea meeting in Brian's house in the LIfe of Brian. They are the resistance, yet they can't even hold a meeting. Nothing comes of that meeting, except a resolution to remain the resistance. It's pitifully funny

Avalon was created so that light minded people could meet up and form communities. In the first few months, the thread list was full of different locales calling people to meet up. Where is the impetus in those now?

It would be good to redouble efforts to get those going again. Never mind posting a new bit of info on crop circles, or amazing videos, or insider info of dubious backgroud. I wish we could start living more in reality, meeting each other in person where we can and talking about the ins and outs of building a real community. Even if only hypothetically.

So, let's get those community threads up and going again. How about instead of a fantasy football league, we have a fantasy avalon community, where p[eople can post there ideas about a hypothetical community...

ERm... I feel a new thread coming on

Peace n love,

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote