View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #49
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Red Letter Church

I have so much to say, but I would like to know that someone is listening out there in cyberspace. Please take a moment to send me a message, and to set me straight, if necessary! Also, study the Teachings of Jesus, in the context of all of scripture, for yourself! I'm just another website writer. I am transitory, but I have a feeling that the Teachings of Jesus will be around for a long, long time! And that they will be just as true and relevant hundreds of years from now as they are today! This provides a very necessary continuity and stability to our spiritual quest!

Throughout the centuries there have been countless religious wars, both physical and spiritual in nature! But if you look closely in the Old Testament, after studying the Teachings of Jesus, you can see the message of Jesus extending back to Genesis! This is the Word of God! You can also see the “God of this world,” or Satan, at work as well! Sometimes people get God all mixed up with Satan, especially in the Old Testament! By their fruits you shall know them. This applies even to God! Similarly, the message of Jesus can be seen in the New Testament, extending to Revelation and beyond! Jesus is the gold standard, in character, history and scripture!

Also, simply communing with God in nature, exercising, and getting a good nights sleep, is probably 90% of the spiritual battle! Sometimes theological discussions, even about the Teachings of Jesus, can give one a headache! People will always see things differently and often passionately so! And doesn't that make life interesting?!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote