View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #338
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
Nancy and murnut... I am do not think that I am right... I am not sure if what Gary did even helps our situation...

What I am saying is that him breaking the "law" in the manner that he did doesnt diserve incarceration... I feel bad for him... Jail or prison is no place for anybody...
I don't think what Gary did helps our situation, Orion, nor did it help him or his family. It brought them a lot of grief and hassles. I also feel badly for him and his family. I wish he hadn't been so stupid as to have done what he did.

He probably does have mental problems (aspergers) in addition to being a stoner, or he would have thought more about the possible consequences. Maybe they will take that into account, but probably not. Since he turned down the semi-reasonable offers of a plea bargain and continued pushing it, they are probably more inclined than ever to make an example of him.

I hope it turns out well for him because I don't see that it will do much good to put him in prison. Hopefully he's at least smart enough to never do this again and he is already reaping the consequences of his actions.

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote