Old 11-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #318
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murnut View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...ciTech_4306168

Brit Hacker Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal
LONDON, July 30, 2008(AP) Some call it the biggest hack of military computers; perhaps it was just a big embarrassment.

Gary McKinnon — accused of breaking into military and NASA computers in what he claims was a search for UFOs, allegedly causing nearly $1 million in damage — has lost his appeal for extradition to the United States............

Should McKinnon be extradited, he would face trial in Virginia and New Jersey on eight charges of computer fraud.

Each charge potentially carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison and $250,000 in fines. However, U.S. sentencing guidelines would likely recommend a much lighter sentence.

Murnut, I don't mean this in an offensive way but are you just trying to wind everyone up? This is an open forum and everyone is free to post opposing views and debates but, so far in this post I haven't seen you write anything of any relevance other than to keep repeating that Gary broke the law and two wrongs don't make a right. Do you honestly feel so passionately about that? Are you seriously basing your whole argument on the above feeble quote which means absolutely nothing in reality?? Do you sit back and chuckle as you watch people jumping into the fray, knowing that it will go nowhere as you present no real argument?

Seeing as you feel so strongly about the sanctity of man-made laws let me ask you this:

When the French Resistance were hiding people from the Nazis were they wrong for breaking the laws that were in effect at that time (whether it was an occupying army or not, laws are laws)?

Was Ghandi wrong for practicing civil disobedience against the British and deserving of the full punishment of the law?

If the US government declares martial law and some of the soldiers and police refuse to round civilians up should they be punished for defying laws that have been enacted at that time?

I'm just trying to understand your logic, do you feel laws are laws and should never be broken or is it ok in instances when it doesn't harm anyone and may even be of benefit, do you see any grey areas? I'm sure it could be argued that my examples are not valid as I am not quoting actual written laws but I'm sure you get the gist.

All the best to you, I do come in peace
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote