View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #58
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskMarvl View Post
I understand the needs of Bill and Kerry... I for one, may or may not subscribe since I don't do very much posting myself.

I find it ridiculous and childish how some of the people here are saying "goodbye" and how they're "leaving" and "farewell", etc... If the can't pay (or simply don't want to) is no reason for "leaving" since all the information will still be available for FREE... (just not posting).

I also find their "excuses" very hard to believe. I'm pretty sure their internet access alone costs them a lot more than a $1 a month so, please don't come here with your "un-believeable" reasons for saying "good-bye"

Anyway, I apologize in advance if I've offended anyone with my comments above...

Bill & Kerry... keep up the good work!
It's not a matter of your quote:childish,goodbye etcetera,etcetera it's the moving of the goalposts-this started as a free posting and exchanging site,now there is a decision to charge no matter what the charge is,i'd have hoped that Bill and Kerry would have planned this a little better from the outset and mentioned it at the very start(as i can't remember if they did?).It's o.k. for some on here with money there are lots who are struggling and i mean struggling i could just afford my £10 a month server today and it's taken me overdrawn on my overdraft so i'll receive charges to the amount of £38 on next month's statement.
I offered to do designs or contribute in some way;i suppose but i am offering a way to help but when money enters the equation i get bad vibes- in my opinion we've all been talking about change and ascension/sharing/creating radiant zones and we're going backwards and playing the game of the bankers.I'd expect a charge on a music download site or similar because that's the nature of that beast.
This reply is nothing against anyone,please understand there are alot of people who are in unfortunate circumstances on here-i don't wish to be subsidised by anyone,i am no scrounger-i wish to contribute but placing a price on this to me seems a little unfair.I do most things if not everything for free-believe it or not YES i do even though i'm skint it has not stopped me from giving.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote