View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #29
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Alex Jones review of Zeitgeist Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfladyk View Post
I have not seen Alex's response to "Zeitgeist: Addendum," but I will admit I was certainly shocked by the sequel. Utopian societies do NOT work because they do not address basic tenets of the human condition such as innate competitiveness, varying intellectual abilities, and mostly, the inability of a large group of people to remain in agreement on important principles. I questioned the group behind the film immediately since they espouse a "global" philosophy, an idyllic form of communism, atheism, and a "peace-love" mentality that failed even in the 60s when everyone was stoned all the time!

As a teacher, I would truly like to embrace globalism where all people get along and have the necessities of life. As an American citizen who has traveled all over the world, however, I realize that intense cultural differences will continue to promote disharmony as people try to "force" their cultural values upon others. Sad, but true. When I showed the movie to a former student, he was appalled and demanded to know when I "had joined the NWO people?" The more I think about his question, the more I suspect he saw right through the film immediately!
Your student sounds very perceptive, Wolflady! As much as I enjoyed the Addendum, and I also liked Alex Jones assessment of it, the Utopian agenda is not at all workable. Each unique human being has his own beliefs and desires. These invariably conflict with or disturb another human's beliefs or desires at some point. Then a disagreement ensues.

I find it to be very amusing that we like to blame money, corporations, government, religion for all our woes. If only we didn't use money! If only we could banish all corporations! If only we could live without government! If we could only disband and outlaw all religions, then life would be perfect and we would all live in harmony. Then there's the always hilarious: "guns kill"!

All these things, money, corporations, government, religions are conceived of and run by people. Unless you want to kill off all people you won't do away with forms of barter (money), large businesses (corporations), ways to control people by other people (governments and organized religions) and ways to kill people (any kind of weapon including your bare hands).

I was a peace/love hippie for a while in the mid 60's and the high ideals of peace and love quickly degenerated into the normal competition, greed, acquisitiveness, envy, thievery, etc etc. We were still all humans, and many of these traits are survival traits with which almost all animal species are imbued.

As long as we inhabit a fragile and easily destroyed flesh body in a world which contains many threats to the continued existence of that body, we will need these survival traits which nature has imbedded in our genetic makeup in order to survive. We have not evolved to the point where we don't need these survival traits.

Those of you who envision a utopian peace/love society would be better served in learining how to leave your body and look for that on other planes/dimensions. It's not going to happen here on earth in this 3D existence. Sure, I can envision that if we raise our vibrational frequency and are no longer affected physically by the physical realm, that we could perhaps have MORE love and light and acceptance. But no matter what dimension you travel into or within... all beings have agendas. Often times these agendas seem agreeable and pleasant to you, so you may merge with the being. Sounds a lot like life here on earth, doesn't it. It is. Yes, it's very different in many ways, but the game is still the game.

As above - so below. The macrocosm is the same as the microcosm.

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote