View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #440
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Something is a brewing, HMMMM

Great stuff as usual Christos.

I'm glad you brought it up Tone. Actually HRM in the above videos states that people should not state at the Sun during the noon hours. There is a safe UV index for gazing, I believe it was 2.5 or so. During the Sunrise/set periods there is no UV at all.

I've been Sungazing for some time and only recently came across the above videos. I find that before gazing the Sun during noon hours I need to first Sun Graze for awhile, 30 mins or so, with meditation to relax my mind. When I get to a certain state I can stare right at the Sun, I pierce through the intense light and underneath is a dark strobe like orb. Unexpainible really. But I do know for those short periods my eyes are not dmged at all. In fact I can close my eyes after and I have no 'glare' effect stuck in my vision what so ever.
I would not recomment it though, at least at first.

HRM later states during question period that it is possible to gaze at noon but when speaking to the masses he is required to say it is dangerous (as it is if your not careful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
I am all for new modalities of learning and healing. However, 8-10 seconds of direct mid day sun light can permanently damage the eyes. The lens of the eye focuses the light into a pinpoint like a magnification glass. If people are going to do this then stay away from he mid day staring at the sun. Perhaps this guy has special genetics or something that enable his eyes to deal with mid day sun light directly in the eyes. There have been those that have lost their eyesight looking into the sun like this.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote