View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #12
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Down under (Australia)

LOL I hear you loud and clear too P4BLO!!!! hugsssssssss

Well okay maybe you're right its time to make some noise!!!

To quote Mr Rudd....

"the truth is that we are going thru the worst financial crisis in our lifetime"

Now hearing our OWN PM stating that - I think this is a prime opportunity to actually start making some NOISE - as in talking to people whom you may think are "unaware" "asleep" or "sheeple" ( personally i dislike all those terms because to me people are people no better no worse than you or i)

However, for me personally in the last few days i have had phone calls saying .. hey??? its all happening isn't it?? what now?? lol like i even know!!! As you may tell from that statement - I have been gently relating to people what i could see happening the last few months!! lol

My point is that when it becomes apparent to people who have full and utter faith in the system that something is wrong THAT is when a Ground Crew can really come into its own!!

Not by giving economic advise or swamping them with all the new age advice either but by suggesting gently - lets work together here. If times get really hard (we all have family members who LIVED thru a depression and we remember those stories) lets just make a pact to work together now!

I mean at the moment it is a very REAL situation that times are gonna get tough - so even the people who blindly BELIEVE what they are told are starting to sit up and take notice.

While I really love being able to feel at home here with like minded people and really appreciate the good vibes and encouragement - i think its time we all took up the challenge now - not just to meet each other - but to STEP out into your OWN circle of people and start networking a survival strategy.

For those people you know even in your own family that may not see the BIG PICTURE - you can at least say to them - hey if things go pear shaped - you can grow things - i can fix things mechanically - Bob down the road is good with carpentry etc etc. Lets put in a water tank - lets find out who else in the street has fruit trees.

I see this time as a perfect opportunity to bring to everyday conversation - what we are all capable of in real terms. This in turn empowers people to realise they are NOT helpless and if only we work together we can and will prevail.

As much as I appreciate our Governments pledge today to provide pensioners and people with children with a lump sum payment just before Christmas - I for one wont be blowing that all on useless plastic toys for the kids to keep the money machine well oiled - I'll be buying more loads of hay and compost - finally getting my chooks installed in the backyard and buying more seeds so i can feed my kids next year!!!!!!!!!

Love and Hugs to all - now get out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote