View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #494
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Q529 View Post
I suggest that any attempt to 'move forward to true Enlightenment' is to follow an image/thought which is based upon the desire/fear of the "self"/'thinker' for its own self-preservation; and, for that reason, a fundamentally dualizing pursuit.

As suggested and relentlessly explained by Krishnamurti, the only possible outcome of such a pursuit is more conflict and violence, more preservation of the duality of the "self".

I suggest that any images of "Enlightenment" simply be set aside; that consciousness itself merely be observed to see what it consists of; and, if there is any such thing as a dimension of consciousness which exists beyond that 'normal' consciousness, that will emerge from observation rather than the pursuit of an image/thought.
Thanks for this

Problem is words can only point to and are not it.
Context gives meaning and the subject is so deep and on on different levels of perception that-- That which cannot be spoken of is pointed to but is not it.

Its true that the spiritual ego thinks it is going to be an enlightened ego, (no that is not going to happen) also true that in the beginning there is a desire for enlightenment but even that is a desire and must be released.

Im not a Cristian but l love the teaching of Jesus so I cant quote bible chapter and verse.

My understanding of enlightenment is that it is inherrent within us and we can work to remove the obstacles,(with Gods help), mainly egoic, that stand between us and our true Buddic nature.

When all that is not God is removed the Truth stands out. Only the power of God can remove these obstacles.

"Only God walks through the final door of enlightenment."

That is a quote from Dr Hawkins so dont shoot the messenger.

I know that enlightenment means that I have to die to God and I am prepare to do this out of Love and Devotion to Him who gives me every breath I take.

Im also aware It is correct to live a contemplative life of observation without comment or positionality.

One person I met in Scotland told me that he meditated hours a day, did every practice under the sun for years, finally gave it all up and within a week nonduality happened he was in Oneness.
There has been a lot of good information posted in previous pages coming from various level of perception all valid to that particular level.
all points of view are welcome.

Love and respect to all.
Chrisl
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote