View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #95
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

I wish to focus on the 'Great Commission' in Matthew 28:19-20: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

What did Jesus tell His followers to teach all nations? "To observe all things whatever I have commanded you." Did Paul do this? Did any of the New Testament writers do this? Has any Christian church done this in the past 2,000 years? Is Romans through Revelation really Anti-Christ (in place of Christ) in nature? Is Churchianity the Antichrist? Is Protestantism really Reformed Catholicism? Is any church based solidly on the Red-Letter Teachings of Jesus?

Was Jesus a Red Letter Christian?? Indeed! He was the first! He was, and is, the CEO! Have His 'followers' followed His clear instructions? In most cases no! Why is this? Does this constitute insubordination? There may be some surprises in the hereafter! More importantly, what are we going to do to correct this failure to carry out a direct order by our Commanding Officer???

Namaste
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote