View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 01:35 AM   #19
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1* View Post
Chakras, the Bible never lead to bloodshed and confusion. It is the sinful nature of man that lead to bloodshed and confusion.

Here is what I would like you to do. Find a part of history (where there was bloodshed and confusion), and then find the part of the Bible which declares that's how people should behave.

There ARE parts of the Bible where God did declare that certain people declare war. However, God is a righteous God and if he commands that evil be eradicated -- then so be it.

Nevertheless, these were in ancient times and are few. It doesn't explain why humanity, throughout the ages, have warred with each other (without the command of God). It doesn't explain why so many hypocrites use the Bible for their own means.

WAR exists between good and evil. God allows evil to persist, only while it serves the purpose of letting people learn their lessons.

If you want to understand the Bible, I highly insist that you read it. However, it is unfair to say that all the problems of man are cased by the Bible - because if man adhered to God's word, there would be no suffering.

We cause our suffering on ourselves. It is not fair to blame God, or his word.
M1, I suggest you really and URGENTLY study this subject at great depth. This is not the place (or maybe it is, who knows) for this subject to be broached. There are MANY explicit scripture\s where "God" tells his "people" to take no prisoners, to kill the men and children and women who are past the age of procreation and even all the animals.
I suggest that you do not use this forum for the furtherance of christian belief as there are forums specifically designed for this topic where the sheep can all go baaaaaah together.
This forum was meant for the awakening of the masses, not the dumbing down of them.

Now where is that person who said they didn't see an onslaught from the religious right wing?

Before you decide to attack me, understand that I talk from MANY years of very active church affiliation and I was not a pew warmer. I was one of the few who really did believe and acted on those beliefs, that is, laying hands on the sick and seeing them recover (yes I was party to many miracles), going out to the "heathen" where others were too scared to go and "spreading the word" etc. I did not walk away from that very lightly and without great consternation, so please, if you try to preach to me, forget it. I have been there, and DONE it. Now may I suggest you find a more suitable forum for this.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote