View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 AM   #16
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
These days here on Avalon a quarrel erupted. Opposite sides are throwing rocks in form of words on each other.
Therefore I ask now:
Now really WHY on all above?

What do you think of Bible?
It is a compilation of texts that have been altered and re-altered to suit the manipulators. This was primarily accomplished in circa 380
Why do people freak out when talking about Bible?
Because you are dealing with their direct belief construct. If you take this away from them and they are spiritually shallow, they no longer have anything off which to base reality as they understand and know it.
Why do 90% of the people who did not even read the Bible dare to bash it?
Being self opinionated is a means of them who are spiritually dead to have a say. They wish to be seen as sages, etc when they actually do not have a clue.
Is the book judicable by the acts of people who by the way did not even read it?
I do not understand this question.

Why is such a great effort of many to discredit the Bible and yet they are not successful?
Success or lack of has different measurements, it all depends on what your approach is, what your argument is, what your belief is. It also depends on whether or not you have an open mind and what you regard as truth. You also need to clarify your standpoint as to what you mean by the bible being discredited. Discredited as the infallable word of god? What exactly?
Why people connect Bible with religion?
Because the two are inseparable.
Why people avoid often to even talk of Bible?
They would have to answer this for themselves, it is not for us to answer for others and their lack of viewpoint in this subject.
Why Bible is the most translated ,read and printed book ever and yet the most persecuted,burned and forbidden ?
When you have the means that the PTB have at their disposal and you have an end game agenda, you would ensure that the single most important document driving this agenda was spread far and wide. Add to that the scenario of telling a child they are not to do something.....yes, they will go and do it. Burn a book and everyone wants to know what was being held from them. Ban a book and everybody wants a copy. Psychological games.
Why so much effort to root out the Bible and yet none successful?
You need to explain this in more depth. The simplistic answer is that it is the prime tool of the end-game.
Why so many people were tortured and brutally murdered by Catholic and other churches because of possessing the Bible or reading it?
Same as previously stated. I suggest you study this more in depth as it was not only "christian" sects that murdered (and still do) in the name of their god. This is not the sole franchise of christianity and the bible.
Why despite obvious attempts of certain mistranslations that still the message is crystal clear?
Once again, clarity is required in this question. What message exactly are you talking about. The message varies from old to new testament, clearly. Do you mean the one about Jesus being the way the truth and the life, the only way to eternal life? Please explain.

Well I know the answer, some of you saw it from my posts and threads. Some disagree and some agree but so few opinions from the heart!
Many answers I read were a second hand one...

I can't say I know your answers as I haven't read your posts. I went through my religious fervor many years ago and usually refrain from this topic. This one however asked for interaction and hence my replies, for what they are worth.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote