View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 01:15 AM   #13
bellsisland
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
These days here on Avalon a quarrel erupted. Opposite sides are throwing rocks in form of words on each other.
Therefore I ask now:

What do you think of Bible?
Why do people freak out when talking about Bible?
Why do 90% of the people who did not even read the Bible dare to bash it?
Is the book judicable by the acts of people who by the way did not even read it?
Why is such a great effort of many to discredit the Bible and yet they are not successful?
Why people connect Bible with religion?
Why people avoid often to even talk of Bible?
Why Bible is the most translated ,read and printed book ever and yet the most persecuted,burned and forbidden ?
Why so much effort to root out the Bible and yet none successful?
Why so many people were tortured and brutally murdered by Catholic and other churches because of possessing the Bible or reading it?
Why despite obvious attempts of certain mistranslations that still the message is crystal clear?

Well I know the answer, some of you saw it from my posts and threads. Some disagree and some agree but so few opinions from the heart!
Many answers I read were a second hand one...

Now really WHY on all above?

I think the old and new testament is a code.
People freak out when discussing it because it is a code.
People who bash a book that have never read are ill informed.
Please explain Judicable, I do not understand.
People who discredit the bible just increase its' mystery.
People connect the bible with religion because it is considered to be the words of God and Jesus.
I have never met anyone who avoided talking about the bible.
The bible is respected and reviled, which only increases its' mystery.
If you mean root out the bible in the sense of saying it's not true a lot of people do that quite successfully.
I am not sure the Catholic church murdered and tortured over the mass consumption of the bible. Perhaps this occurred when the Protestants reformed? Thankfully Christianity rose above the restrictions to the general public having their own personal copies of the bible.
I wouldn't say the message is perfectly clear.
Why is the bible so popular? Because it is a code and a living code at that.
bellsisland is offline   Reply With Quote