View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Check your email!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
hello Wood, is that the equaliser in your avatar? I loved that show when i was younger,
I've taken it from an old russian movie, 'stalker'.

Quote:
Just to answer your question, it depends what you or I or the big 'them' would describe as disruptive, if its asking questions, then yes, I have taken the apple cart and sent it careening of a cliff.
I do not think asking questions is bad per se. By "disruptive behavior" I mean people which just adds noise. It is a way to dilute the information available.

Quote:
Doctors need patients; priests need sinners; dentists LOVE cavities and 'enlightened white hats' or whatever need followers.
I think most of the people here are not following anyone. We are all intelligent enough to be able to get information and make up our own minds. And we all are probably checking other sources as well. I am talking about having a more focused source of information. Having an stronger 'flavour' is a good analogy. It doesn't mean there is only one right 'flavour'. That's up to each of us to decide. There are other places where other 'flavours' can be tasted.

Quote:
Look at all those poor tibetans up in the highest hills in the world -- do they have the answers...........doesn't seem so.
That is a point. My point is that I would like to not find a McDonalds when I visit the Tibet. It would kind of ruin the mood. When (if) I feel the need to get a McMenu(tm) I can just go to the nearest mall. And I am not making a point only about quality but mainly about focus. I do not expect 'poor tibetans' to know it all, but to offer their knowledge their way.

EDIT: Anyway, we are going off-topic on this thread

Last edited by Wood; 03-17-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote