View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
lawlessline
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi AscendingStarseed,

I was talking to some people about this over the weekend. I have, as do some other people and indeed an earthquake dedicated website, come to the conclusion that the Earth is fragile because of the non stop drilling and removal of oil. It came to me very simply when I was explaining my theory as I was having a fizzy canned drink at the time. I explained it like this:

When the can is full and unopened, all the gas and liquid are trapped inside making the side of the can difficult to dent. Once the can is open and the gas fizzes out, the can is easy to dent, however there is still liquid in the can to, up to a certain point, resist against the can being dented, going back to its' original shape when lightly pressed. Once the gas and the liquid are removed from the can, one can press with ease and dent the can.

It's more or less, as I see it, that the Earth is behaving. In the good old days when people struck oil it came out of the ground with such force, under pressure. The drillers aren't replenishing or putting anything back into the Earth to keep balance. Basically they are creating to a certain extent a hollow Earth. The more they take out, as with the drinks can, the more fragile becomes the outside crust due to reduced pressure from the inside createdby the oil and natural pressure that sent the oil shooting up in the air in the first place.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve,

Like the idea just needs to be tweaked a bit. It is not the holes directly, although they have a lot to play in it. The main thing is the fact that before there was oil, now they have replaced it with water. They frce water into the wells to get the rest of the olil to float to the surface of the water and then they can clean the thing out. Ofcourse, the water will evapourate and it also means that for every liter of petrol you burn you are using 9 litres of water aswell.

When you have cracks on your hands, you apply oil or hand creme. If you were to put you hands in water the cracks would get worse. We have taken the lubricant out of the system and now the gears are starting to grind. So hand creme is the order of the day for all those holes.

best of luck with that one, not enough nivia to go around.

t
lawlessline is offline   Reply With Quote