Thread: Enki as Goddess
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #12
observer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Enki as Goddess

The great ages of history must be kept in perspective whenever discussing origins of Humanity, i.e. the age of Taurus, Aries, the age we are just leaving, Pisces, or the one we are now entering, Aquarius. An "age" of time is linked to the great procession of equinoxes and represents approximately 26,000 years. The creation of the human species dates back - by all accounts - several hundred thousand years.

The accounts of the Sumerians date back from the 3rd to the 6th millenium BC or about 5,000 to 8,000 years ago, so they are only the records of an "understanding" regarding the origins of man.

It is interesting to note, however, the mythologies of the antediluvian civilizations, i.e. Lemuria, Atlantis, etc. all speak of societies where woman were the Goddess/Rulers. Acknowledging, even these civilizations don't approach the times of the origins of man, it is an interesting concept that a woman may have created homo sapien.

I have little problem with this concept because the Cathars (the last living social structure of the ancient Gnostic tradition) believed that Amour was the Goddess of All Creation.

The Cathars, however, are a completely different discussion....
observer is offline   Reply With Quote