View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #55
Madatheist
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Steven Greer/CSETI takes first ET Photo

Hello to Every One in here

I’m glad to find a thread to compare my ideas, especially after reading all of your previous messages.

I would say that I’m a sceptic, but I know that I have a part of me that says “I want to believe”. I spent time, trying to really give an ear to everyone who would claim to have some information, trying not to “judge” too fast what I was hearing. In that process I was glad to find a platform like PC, and I was sometime really impressed by the discussions they propose (I’m refering to the private panel in Barcelona for example).
I recently decided to give an eye at this forum, and now I’ll try to give you my thoughts, if I may.

http://www.cseti.org/reports/joshuatree09pictures.htm

As I came across this photo through my own ravings (not seeing more alien than order in my room), I immediately turned to this forum to find any reactions, and (who knows) maybe some expertise.
I would say that I found in this thread a confrontation of opinions and interpretations, which I found very interesting.

I totally agree with all of You (Peace of Mind, Majorion and Seafury, and others) on the fact that I can’t buy this alleged “First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestrial” that was taken just in November last year (just took time to develop the film).

Also, keeping an open-mind doesn’t mean giving away all form of criticism. Personally, I don’t see a problem in confronting different belief-systems, and telling others what seems illogic, or unjust to our own eyes…

Like Majorion I was appreciating the first steps of the Disclosure Project, hoping that Greer would somehow succeed to maintain the “UFO subject” in mainstream light. But after having met the Guru-part of Greer, I kinda lost any expectations…
I mean: what is CSETI if not a parody of SETI ? http://www.seti.org (and there’s an irony in Studying Extraterrestrial Intelligences while others are Searching for Extraterrestrial Intelligences at the same time, don’t U think?)

And why this need to involve spirituality in everything? As you could have guessed, I’m not a big fan of religion, as I see nothing but a political tool in it… I also consider that everyone is the keeper of his own beliefs, and that one should be able to express and live his spirituality as he wishes, as long as it doesn’t require messing with other people.

But when it comes to prove the existence of an extra-terrestrial life, and even a contact, what is the point of spreading “big love” or meditating if there is no solid evidence for anything happening in fact?

Tell me if I’m wrong, but if any one of You would organize a “CSETI contact event”, wouldn’t you take care of getting all the equipments that could be necessary and are available in 2010? Just thinking about night-vision, lights, and HD cameras… that may give something better than a bunch of pixels.

(I would be glad to use this as an avatar by the way but we can't upload ours as I understood?)
Madatheist is offline   Reply With Quote