View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #157
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Be careful not to be gullible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSheeple View Post
I understand what you are trying to say, being gullible is a bad thing when you are being deceived, and for the most part, that's what happening right now. We are being deceived on a massive scale. In that context, of course being gullible is bad.

But you only see it from one perspective, you have to open your mind. When you know you are being deceived then being gullible doesn't matter anymore. Being gullible could also be said of someone being naive. Believing what they tell you.

If you close yourself up and be to opposite of gullible, wich is skeptical of everything then it is as bad as being gullible. How are you gonna be able to extract the good essence in a partly negative statement if you completely close yourself off?

I feel like a broken record, but again, it's about balance...
I think you are right about balance. But anyways we should not be naive in any circumstance ,you can be fooled once,twice,three times even four , five but to be fooled again and again ,countless times... that`s stupidity.

We should test every spirit and every statement without being as you said skeptical ,rather aware because many deceivers are roaming around.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote