View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 8 GROUP Q and A

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Hi Watcher -

I think you're unvetted because you're a limey Speaking of that, the UK is bigger than just the UK (Commonwealth).

Commonwealth of Nations: They co-operate within a framework of common values and goals as outlined in the Singapore Declaration.[1] These include the promotion of democracy, human rights, good governance, the rule of law, individual liberty, egalitarianism, free trade, multilateralism and world peace.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations

Or not. They can also cooperate within a military framework, e.g. NATO and diplomats and/or private partners.

Legislation and Accountability

SIS, like the other British intelligence and security agencies, is subject to Parliamentary, Ministerial, judicial and financial oversight. Oversight is based on two key pieces of UK legislation, the Intelligence Services Act 1994 (ISA) and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA).
http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/legisla...ntability.html

My question: What is the 8 Group? (You mentioned it's a rogue group?)

My question: The intelligence community in the UK seems to act as private contractors to the monarchy. Could you clarify its role and/or loyalties?
Without going into unnecessary detail DI8 is a group of Intelligence officers whom became disgruntled with the ever increasing security, the lies, the cover ups, the assasination of characters within certain fields of research and investigation outside of government. There are similar groups and individuals within the US intelligence community assisting private citizens. By rogue it simply means we are not sanctioned by our varying departments as bosses tend to turn a blind eye to these unofficial disclosures. They would like to see active official disclosure within the United Kingdom but this might be a pipe dream.
Your second question, loyalties are to the crown