View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM   #55
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: END POPULATION EXPLOSION (petition)

Hello all, this is a valid thread, regardless of your views on it, because it has done what all threads should do....extract thoughts and opinions. And hopefully good will come from it.

Whoever says the world ISN'T over populated obviously hasn't travelled beyond their own backyard much. Before you say the world ISN't overpopulated, travel a bit and have a look yourself!!!

That's not to say that the world can't support more people, everyday i'm amazed how the world does in fact support those that are here.

But see what you feel after you've travelled through the Indian Subcontinent, Africa, Asia, etc etc....its overcrowded, believe me!! And unhygienic, dangerous, people begging and living in terrible conditions...and the rest. Come back here after you've seen it and say what you feel about the "world population".

Is "overcrowded" the same as "over population"? Possibly not. Management of people and resources could solve the problem, but that involves the breakdown of borders, global government etc etc, all the things that people "worry" about. You can't have it both ways.

Why do people want to come to australia, certain parts of europe, north america from less "desirable" places?? Because living where they are is unpleasant. Why is it unpleasant? because the places are overcrowded, corrupt, poor, polluted, dangerous, mismanaged etc etc....i could tell you so much more, because i have travelled to these places, but it would take all night.

Final thought: lets try and at least be realistic about earth's current population...change must come, living day to day for most of the world is seriously unpleasant.

P.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote