View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 03:11 AM   #34
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: END POPULATION EXPLOSION (petition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
SIX BILLION people can fit into the state of Texas

Look it doesn't matter if the planet can sustain that amount of people or not. The fact is the planet, i.e. the people, are not ready for this kind of explosion. They are not ready for it economically or emotionally. There is strong evidence that that planet Earth has limits to how large a population it can support, although we don't know what those limits are. It was documented in a report called, Limits to growth, and was written by Donella Meadows. It was heavily criticized in it's time, but by1984 The Worldwatch institute had repeatedly showed that her report was indeed correct. What is clear from this evidence is that the risk of degredation of the environment, coupled with population pressure, is real and growing. Business as usual WILL kill us. I for one don't want to live in a population like china where a million people can be in one place. If the population gets large enough we might get to a point where we live in a state where there is no privacy where numerous families are packed in ONE home. Thats how crowded it could get at the rate we're going.

I don't agree with Billy Meir's way of handling it because it's too aggressive and might give eugenicists an excuse to sterilize the "genetically flawed", as they see it. I prefer a system of consent. I believe that if people know there is a problem they will treat it as a problem.

Last edited by Rainchild; 03-28-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote