View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #23
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Over-Population, new site for action

Population;
Ok, my first reaction is that this is something I prefer "we" do not meddle with.
a) We ain't smart enough.
b) We ain't nice enough.
c) "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who watches the watchersd?)

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington.
"The first task is population control at home. How do we go about it? Many of my colleagues feel that some sort of compulsory birth regulation would be necessary to achieve such control. One plan often mentioned involves the addition of temporary sterilants to water supplies or staple food. Doses of the antidote would be carefully rationed by the government to produce the desired population size."
— Paul Ehrlich, The Population Bomb, p.135

"At present the population of the world is increasing at about 58,000 per diem. War, so far, has had no very great effect on this increase, which continued throughout each of the world wars.. War has hitherto been disappointing in this respect, but perhaps bacteriological war may prove effective.
If a Black Death could spread throughout the world once in every generation, survivors could procreate freely without making the world too full. The state of affairs might be unpleasant, but what of it?"
- Lord Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science On Society (Routledge Press: New York, 1951)

"The world has a cancer, and that cancer is man." — Merton Lambert - former spokesman for the Rockefeller Foundation - Harpeth Journal, December 18, '62

“There are many ways to make the death rate increase”
-Robert McNamara in New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

"It’s terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. This is so horrible to contemplate that we shouldn’t even say it. "
- Jacques Cousteau, UNESCO Courier, Nov. 1994

"One-fourth of humanity must be eliminated from the social body. We are in charge of God's selection process for planet Earth. He selects, we destroy. We are the riders of the pale horse, Death."
- Psychologist Barbara Marx Hubbard - member and futurist/strategist of Task Force Delta; a United States Army think tank

"If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels."
— Prince Phillip - Duke of Edinburgh, leader of the World Wildlife Fund - quoted in 'Are You Ready For Our New Age Future?', Insiders Report, American Policy Center, December '95
I am having trouble rectifying the notion that we "can't feed'em all" with the fact my daughter is keeping a family of 7 stuffed full of vegetables, AND giving surplus away, on 10 acres. And still isn't using all that land. [see this post]

Also remember that when it comes to giving government, ANY government charge of anything, the law of unintended consequences comes into play immediately after the next election. That there is nothing passed with the best of intentions that cannot be perverted into something else.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote