View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #46
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: CHRISTIANITY and avalon : a question from clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
Hi Heretic,

You are correct with the information provided. Here are a few links about the term, "Christian."

---snip---

Finally, all interpretations of scripture during my studies are done by my Father's Spirit. The Bible is NOT for private interpretation.

-Phillip
aahhhh, ok noow I understand

My problem was that I have barely even glanced at the NIV Bible. When it came out I kinda rolled my eyes and said to myself "another one?" I compared the passages from the NIV to the KJV and i feel I have missed the boat on this, but it matters not. You have answered my question friend with links and something for me to take a deeper look into when the urge arises. That is exactly what I asked for.

I also agree with your fine points comparing modern Christianity with paganism and I am in total agreement. I am curious if you follow a combination of the Mosaic law with the laws of Abraham then? Kinda reminds me of the "World Wide Church of God" beliefs but there are a few others out there that do this as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am not Christian either, but I believe I am far removed from your version of not being Christian. Its all good as there are infinite paths to that which is infinite. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions so thoroughly.

good times

peace

PS - I got a really big kick out of the Ebonic Bible, I so wish I had bought when it came out because now I cant find it anywhere. Have been looking for a PDF of it for a long time.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote