Thread: Front Groups
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Front Groups

Listening to Alan Watt's radio talk for May 15, 2009 this morning,I was struck by his statement, "...the United Nations, the big front group that's really run by the international bankers..."

I just learned the term "front group" a couple of years ago. I remember the creepy feeling I got the first time I heard the term. I thought to myself, I have been fooled by these flowery names of organizations. I've been naive...

A Wikipedia article defines "front organization":

"A front organization is any entity set up by and controlled by another organization, such as intelligence agencies, organized crime groups, banned organizations, religious or political groups, advocacy groups, or corporations. Front organizations can act for the parent group without the actions being attributed to the parent group.

Front organizations that appear to be independent voluntary associations or charitable organizations are called front groups. In the business world, front organizations such as front companies or shell corporations are used to shield the parent company from legal liability. In international relations, a puppet state is a state which acts as a front (or surrogate) for another state."

I've seen lists of front groups that are very long lists! Alan Watt often talks about "non-governmental organizations" (NGOs) as being front groups.

Do any of you have knowledge of particular front groups and how they operate?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote