View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #38
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
Hey Shift Monkey,
I certainly agree that the questions you raise should be asked. I just felt that detoxing is a much larger topic than coconut oil can deal with on it's own. Your additional information of mercury in relation to the thyroid is worth noting. Also, I think everyone should be actively detoxing, even people without thyroid problems or sluggish metabolism.

Using coconut oil is my health tip #1 because it is easy and gets results when eaten uncooked. Getting people to actually try, and stick with, new things can be extremely difficult.

My mercury fillings were removed 2 or 3 years ago. At the time the first filling was removed (my holistic dentist recommended the most electrically active filling should be removed first) I felt an instant electrical response in a lower leg. In the following days there was a noticeable lessening of "anger" in my thoughts. I do recommend this too.
I'm with you my friend. I know that getting people to try and stick with new things is difficult. My own siblings do not see the big picture. But all we can do is offer the information.

I can't even begin to tell you the mental and emotional improvements that I felt after the mercury was taken out of my head. I have a long way to go though. It will take several years of detoxing to get it out of my central nervous system. I had quite a few large fillings that were all over 30 years old and I am dealing with a severe toxicity that has taken a toll on my liver/gall bladder and kidneys.

By the way I think coconut oil is great! I put coconut butter in my oatmeal and it's awesome. The one I buy is a raw/whole food made by Artisana.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote