View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: How ‘Love’ and ‘Oneness’ Teachings Are Used to Disempower people.

Reminds me of how democracy can also be thought of as tyranny by the masses. I am all for 'Love' and 'Oneness', you will find much of it in Sufi poetry, but it gives the feeling of freedom and intimacy rather than extended control. Indeed at the soul level I wouldn't doubt the possibility that our collective memory is entangled with the fabric of the 'uni'-verse. I would hesitate to 'mono'-polize spiritual ways, making us homotelic. At this stage of spiritual evolution it is much wiser to make this an autotelic experience, while recognizing the need for homeostasis and dynamic equilbriums when harmonizing our unique karmic paths. Emergent self-organizing complex systems are greater than the sum of their parts, suggesting there is no one, but many ones. This model is a step in the right direction, hardly complete, but it is an interesting perspective. Maybe there is a fuzzy feedback loop between isotelesis, polytelesis, and holotelesis? One might call it hological syndiffeonesis, who is to say what constitutes the ultimate goal of life, to be of one, many, and every simulatenously? To know equality, divergent convergence, and integrative recusiveness? The holy artist and the iconoclast.

http://www.teleologic.org/

Last edited by isotelesis; 11-05-2008 at 06:16 PM.
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote