View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
minimeister
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why is technology way ahead of everything else?

I've always thought this is an interesting philosophical point. For me the real issue is the balance of technical understanding in relation to spiritual. The Vedas did a great job of pointing this out. To paraphrase, to receive knowledge without having invested the time to learn it for yourself is a curse upon yourself and those around you. Technology represents this idea as you have masses of people using devices that they have no understanding of. This manifests today as pollution, greed and a few other societal ills.

I've heard an interesting story about Einstein and his Unified Field Theory that's relative (pun intended) to this point. The story goes that after the world took his ideas on nuclear energy and turned it into a destructive weapon he felt betrayed and promised himself to never give away and more of his ideas without some sort of test for moral responsibility. He then devised a scoring system to measure the collective spiritual wisdom of humanity and set a score that would have to be achieved in order for potentially destructive knowledge to be released. He surmised that humanity was still woefully inept when it comes to moral responsibility and thus decided to leave his greatest work (unified field theory) officially incomplete. In reality he supposedly did discover the great secrets of the universe he was after and upon doing so realized it could never go beyond him. So he let the greatest scientific achievement in all human history remain unknown to the people at large because of what we would have done to each other.

This is the same rationale behind much of the 'occult' knowledge down through history being shown only to the initiated. The point of initiation was specifically to ensure that a proper level of spiritual/moral awareness was present before potentially harmful knowledge was revealed. Nowadays we live in the age of Aquarius where all veils are removed. The body of universal knowledge is now open to any that seek. Any abuses of said knowledge will still result in proportional karmic whiplash. Ready or not, here we go.
minimeister is offline   Reply With Quote