View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
Emman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I don't know what's happening. Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by End_Times012 View Post
I take issue with the idea that humans are not meant to eat meat.

I think that food needs vary from person to person. I personally can't imagine eating only vegetables and nothing else. It just isn't feasible for me because I like the occassional steak or hamburger and I usually prefer leaner meats.

The only way I will ever be able to abandon my own desire to eat meat and dairy products is if I have some help in the transition because I cannot do it on my own.

I can totally relate to what you are saying, End Times. Not too long ago I could not imagine not eating meat. I love a perfectly done tenderloin with a good merlot. I love my favorite BBQ sandwich place called Pecos Pit. I love a juicy burger with a fried egg on top....etc.

However.....I made a shift. I no longer eat meat or eggs. I started out vegan for the first couple months, but I settled into a vegetarian mode as I will still eat a little seafood and cheese occassionally. I shifted to a plant based diet. Believe me when I say this: I am totally blown away that I actually shifted in this lifetime! Like I said, I could not imagine not having all of those meat based foods I listed. But, I did it. It's one of the most proudest things I've done. I'm proud of myself because I felt I could never break away from meat. Here's a brief synopsis of my process.

A few years ago when I was totally getting into the subject matter of everything Camelot and Avalon is about, that brought about an awareness of many things. Of those things I became aware about the treatment of animals for food and what that's all about. You know, each of us is ascending everytime we realize something of truth. That is, at each level we progress we awaken, we ascend. We shift in our consciousness. This awareness brought me to the sacredness of life and our interconnectedness with everything on the planet. Not saying anything new here for you all. My awareness of the unconscionable treatment of animals for our food brought me a desire to one day become a vegetarian. For over a year I would say to people that it would be good to ultimately become a vegetarian. I just didn't think I could do it right away if at all in this life. I really loved to eat all that good stuff that I mentioned!

It was earlier this year when I saw George Green's first interview on PC that I began to really shift gears. I devoured Green's 3 ebooks on his site. I consider myself part of the Ground Crew. I feel as if I went into something of an accelerated mode in shifting for preparation for what we are going through right now and the near times ahead. I also purchased the Rave Diet book from Green's site. This was the nudge that got me to shift. I desired to become a plant eating person because of the evil treatment of our animals, but I shifted when I became aware of the health issues of a meat based diet. My understanding has also been that eating meat brings a heaviness in vibration to one's being. I'm not saying that you can't be spiritual and be a meat eater. But, I feel that getting off of meat definitely lightens the vibes within. I want to raise my vibrations, and being a vegetarian helps bring that about. That's my opinion.

So, pretty much immediately after reading the Rave Diet and watching the very enlightening CD that came with the book called Eating, I switched to a plant based diet literally overnight. I didn't ease into it. I just became a vegan--at first. After a couple months like I said, I settled into a vegetarian diet, which is where I'm at now. It's been 6 months. The thing that friends and associates say to me is how's that diet going? It's not a diet I'm trying to maintain or seeing how long I can do this meatless thing. It's a shift. A total shift. It happened. All those things I used to love to eat are really wonderful memories. It's akin to wonderful memories I had as a child playing children's games, but as much fun as that was I could never revisit that again because I am no longer a child. Pleasant memories though. Such is my case with meat.

I must say that all the reasons for my shift are pretty much exactly what Pomguymguy stated.

It's a timely thing that I shifted because of the way the economy is and where we may be headed. I have become more resourceful in terms of preparing food and keeping my money in my wallet instead of eating fast food. I discovered that I am actually pretty good in the kitchen. I rarely eat out anymore. I lost weight naturally. I feel better knowing what I put in my body will not bring me down. I don't have indigestion anymore (used to go through Tums and Rolaids like candy everyday). Saved money by cooking more and not going out. My family hasn't followed me, but I feel I'm setting a good example for my kids in regards to animal ethics and health. Maybe one day they'll know what I know and shift also.
Emman is offline   Reply With Quote