Thread: Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #12
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Oklahoma

Hi Truther-

I have only lived here for about 10 months-I am from here but lived away for a long time and just started to notice some of the reasons why I left, you know some of the attitudes of people, but mostly it's a lovely place and I think community building can happen here, so I am going to try - I have a job at the NEWS, but spend most of my time on house renovation and gardening, this house I live in is owned by my brother who moved to Denver and left it in a sorry, sorry state, he had planned to flip it I guess but he got another job, got married, etc and has no interest in dealing with it, so I get to live here super cheap and have time for doing creative projects and just enjoying the peace and quiet.

A friend of mine who is staying with me has been looking for a music studio and got in touch with a guy who owns one of the buildings on Grand-he is very supportive of our idea to make it into an artist studio space. People involved in the Arts Council and Downtown renovation projects are also encouraging-so this is it-a possible radiant zone/ community that will jazz things up a little. If you or anyone you know would be interested in a space or volunteering or being involved on any level-let me know.

We have not gotten all the details worked out with the owner-so it is still in the planning stages-but it feels like it might work out because of community support and the feeling that the time is right for something like this to flourish. Anyway I'm excited about it. If you would like to hook up sometime for coffee or biscuits and gravy, let me know-I think I'll go to the pow wow tomorrow night. Maybe we could meet there?

Pilot (just a name, I don't fly planes, long story)
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote