View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #6
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All Firearms must be listed on 2010 TAX returns

This may just be a tax grab but it could just as easily be for control. Yes. if someone buys a firearm from a gun shop they have to go through some type of background check to make sure they aren't selling a gun to a criminal with a record or something worse, a nut. The system certainly doesn't catch them all using this method and there's absolutely no accounting for guns sold at gun shows. No one keeps records as to who is selling what to whom at these independent gun shows. I think there should be more regulation there because anyone, crazy or not, can buy a gun.

The problem I have with this bill is that, if true, they are still trying to pull the wool over the peoples eyes by sneaking it in. They know that if the public knew about this, en masse, that they would have trouble sneaking it through. It's hard for me to believe that the people who are in a position to do something about this, don't know about it and are taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Bobbie: I'm sorry I know nothing about guns, but don't you have to buy a license to own a gun, if so, then they already have a registry of gun owners? So I'm thinking this is a tax grab, sorta like selling your home, every time that house is sold, the tax department gets its percentage right of the top, I call it double, triple, dipping) before you the owner see your money.

I'm sure that the peeps who own a gun without a license will not be silly enough to record such on the tax return. But the penalties are stiff eh.
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote