View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #37
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "I Don't Even Want To Be Alive Anymore" Rush Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspllmn View Post
Perhaps its time for you to ascend into heaven and then come back to us as Jesus. Humanity really needs to be saved right now and I think you are just the one to do it.

I'm starting an elect clark kent to be Jesus (Superman) campaign.

Personally I think The Hulk would be a good one to save the world but I think Ill write-in Hercules because I liked the cartoon when I was a kid.
I'm going to jump in here without judgment.

First of all, we're going to attract some agent provocateurs if we don't clean this up ourselves.

I've been bitten by some of these memes also. I think we all have. I do my research on all of these topics, but it's nearly impossible to be on the ball 100% of the time.

That said, we need to have a high bar of standard here. As it has been exposed, this topic obviously does not make the grade as it is a parody.

As I've heard Kerry say before quite a bit, as above, so below. The microcosm does represent the macrocosm. This is nearly 100% expressive of Camelot interviews. We have one person who unknowingly spreads some information. Then we begin the telephone game where one person spreads it to another and another until it seems like everyone is just a big mouth-breader.

This kind of cr** will be proliferated until someone raises their hand and calls bullsh**, but so many people will have already become emotionally invested in the story that they will fight even though they have no leg to stand on.

Let this thread stand here as an example to Avalon of how these things work. Let the people of Avalon see it in its light for what it is.

There are serious things going on in the world and we must be careful as to how we represent ourselves. When any of us speaks in the mainstream, we are already given the moniker of "crazy" or conspiracy theorist. If we are going to disseminate any message, it needs to be that of truth and for that very reason each of us must hold our contact to a much higher standard than we would when having a drink with some friends.

When I submit reports that I'm not sure about, I use language like "may be", "potentially", "as reported", etc. These are small things, but they make a huge difference. The difference being that of me saying I saw this happen, I witnessed it with my own eyes, I know it's real vs. I heard this report or this story and it seems compelling, but I really don't KNOW.

Let's stop the in-fighting and focus on some of the bigger issues that need attention.

--sjkted

Last edited by sjkted; 01-26-2010 at 07:15 AM.
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote