View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is our earth flat or round?

I brought this up a week ago when people were talking about Hollow Earth Theory.

One recurring theme between Flat Earth Theorists, Hollow Earth Theorists, Global Conspiracy Theorists etc, etc is their unerring ability to think "do not take things we are told at face value, don't just accept what you are told if it goes against your senses".

Now its fair enough to think like that, and certainly in some areas you need to look deeper than you are told, but also in some areas what you are told is actual FACT with no agenda behind it.

But the trouble with the "do not take things at face value, do not automatically accept what you are told" mentality is that it can take over your mindset and suddenly you believe ANYTHING that opposes the mainstream view on ANY subject.

All it takes is for somebody to suggest that pics of the spherical Earth are faked (by PTB), and offer a bit of pseudo science as evidence of flat earth, and believers are born.

Basically gullible people with the right mindset.

I see no difference between Flat Earth, Hollow Earth and many other highly unlikely theories, then people say to me "you're negative and narrow minded". No, I don't think so.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote