View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
richard576
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you making the same observations and I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingalpha View Post
hello everyone,

before i begin, i am new to this board and want to thank bill and kerry for putting together project avalon/camelot for all of us to use and benefit from.

In the last week i have been stocking up on supplies and getting myself prepared for what could happen as a result of this financial/political disaster. I was at costco over the weekend (for those living in the uk, costco stores are like huge tesco stores) and as i was checking out, i looked around me and couldn't help but to think that there were so many people that are oblivious as to what is going on.

Here i was standing in line with my large purchase of water and non-perishable foods and when i looked around, people were just going about their daily lives buying things that are not going to help them if something bad were to occur. The guy that was standing in front of me was buying a huge flat pannel tv and was talking about how he's finally going to have hdtv at his house so that he could watch football games.

Watching people go about their business was just all so surreal and it seems like nobody around me had the slightest idea how bad this crisis is going to be. Are you all having the same kind of experiences?

i live in portland oregon. Yesterday i went to winco got alot of extra. And i saw a bunch of people doing the same thing. So i think more people then we think know something is going down soon. I meen a bunch of people had 2 carts full of food.
richard576 is offline   Reply With Quote