View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
Light and Fight
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: EU President GETS HIS ASS KICKED!

I used to work in Brussels. I used to be a believer in the grand unification of Europe. Working five years in Brussels opened my eyes. The bureaucracy is outrageous. People working there are mostly recruited at an early age and they stay for lifetime in the organization. These people with no real experience are supposed to handle billions of tax payer’s money. I guess there is a good point in getting together and discuss common problems. But Brussels is a like a fat old dinosaur, eating money and sh - - ting useless subsidies, programmes, policy papers etc. Even national bureaucrats are better in comparison; at least they have to answer to a real government and a real parliament. Europe needs a common political arena, but this bureaucratic colossus doesn’t make anyone happy. Except for the people working there who have tax-free salaries. I apologize for this negative attitude, but I can’t ignore years of personal experience. EU is a top-down elite project, not a real political movement.
Light and Fight is offline   Reply With Quote