View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #30
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Community Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post

To get the tribal elders to agree would be difficult I'm sure, but if they had some kind of control over who was allowed residence on tribal lands maybe it would make a difference.
It's totally reasonable for tribes to not want anything to do with the white man... but the bottom line is that their knowledge and wisdom is dying along with their culture. Would they rather do nothing and completely die out? Whoever chooses to discriminate based on skin color really needs to get beyond that one... it's wrong no matter which side of the line you stand on. We are all "red" on the inside.

I believe that the elders who have not yet been corrupted would recognize an honest effort from the heart if it were brought forward with respect.

Perhaps a settlement could start off in a very small area- possibly even on land near the reservation as a starting place- sort of like a holding area that the elders would be invited to visit- to evaluate progress, communicate with members and share ideas. The occupants of the settlement would not have any other contact with the tribe unless invited to.

However, it would be important to find out which of the tribal leaders are in tune with the old wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
If either or both of you would like to talk more, PM me and we'll take it from there.
I can not PM because I have not graduated to senior status on Avalon and the PM feature has not been activated for my account. I will write to the moderators and ask to be upgraded. Until then feel free to email me at: shift[at]shiftpages[dot]com

I posted this biotechture video in another thread but I am posting it again here because I think some of you might find it interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ozX_nt5A4o
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote