View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Racist Comments of Eagle Disobey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
This whole thing about Eagles Disobey is stupid.
How can black people asking a question that needs to be asked be put down.
The TRUTH is, putting them down and calling it racist, IS racist.

It's black history month and you guys have the nerve to put down these guys for saying the truth. I bet if with they were white and defending black people.
There would not have been such a big deal about it.

But, since their black, all of a sudden there's a lynch mob about.

Whistleblowing, as well as the information by it, is...for...ALL PEOPLE of ALL COLORS, not just for you.

So you guys need to get over it.

And Know the difference between an attack and a concern.

Because the only racism I see is here.
This thread reminds me of the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSR88HEKSQ

Good point, Wisdom. It was only a question. It's interesting to note the reaction. When a question like this is asked some people slip into their reptilian brains because allegations of racism (which this was not literally) can be so damning.

Quote:
I think the whole thing is childish and pathetic, the only reason there is no black people on the Camelot page is because no black people have come forward as whistleblowers with anything useful or interesting to say, end of story.
You have inside info on this, Daft Ada?

Bill's photo posts seemed to conjure up the cliche "some of my best friends.." At the risk of further stereotyping, I notice many Brits aren't as savvy to the complex nature of racial discourse that Americans get exposed to. Intuitively I don't feel he and Kerry would go out of their way to exclude black whistle blowers. Just a hunch but I know racists and they don't seem to match the profile (unintended!).

I wonder if there can ever be a satisfactory answer to the question. If the answer is "because we haven't gotten around to interviewing a black person yet" then we have a lack of sexiness that wont satisfy most internet exchanges that seem to be fueled by lower frequency emotions like outrage, indignation, and hysteria.
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote