View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
Event_Horizon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Comments on Preparedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLG View Post
Thanks for your reply both of you. Event Horizon, tell me what are you doing for power? I would move to Ecuador where it not for my MOm. I can't leave her. I want to believe that Benjamin Fulford is more accurate the George Green :-) in the way he sees things.

I have gold and silver and buying more, i am working on the food thing, what are you guys doing for "communication" ? a Ham radio?

Great to be able chat with others, all my friends and family may listen but they stay asleep and can't handle it.

YLG
Hey there. For power? Well i'm looking into getting a few Butane canisters which will allow me limited use of a gas stove or two for cooking and boiling water etc. With the gas equipment its not going to burn out due to EMP. Once I have that sorted out I will look more into solar power. But following someone elses advice on this forum, i will make short term plans, then move on to long term survival.

The communications side of things I will bring in some UHF radio equipment. A good UHF set will give you around 450km range. I'm recommending a radio scanner aswell. This will allow you to hear what the emergancy serivces are talking about if the proverbial hit the fan. Harden your electonic equipment against EMP.

As for food an water, well I am not planning on staying in the UK so my shelter is going to be a short term effort. You know, just incase something happens before I can get out. Living 30 miles north of London and not far from two airforce bases, one of which is a USAF facility doesn't bode well! So when i say short term I mean around a months supply of goods. Canned food, dry freeze, water. Stock more than you need, neighbours may need your help too. My main problem is my limited space. I don't have a garage and I live in a two bed terraced house!

So I won't have anywhere to store a fully loaded Hummer H2
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote