View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 AM   #541
perhaps
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 14th October 2008

Well, Blossom Goodchild and Oct. 14th were mentioned on Howard Stern's radio show this morning, and there is this article in the Daily Star:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...here-tomorrow/

so it seems like all this fuss has made an impact on mainstream media.

I have been observing with both compassion and eye-rolling-frustration the many "healers" and New Age people around Mt. Shasta telling each other to brace themselves for the end of the world. A lot of know-it-all gloom and dooming gossip is going around up here, I think much of it is coming from the I AM Church of Elizabeth Claire Prophet, who has a LOT of followers in this area. Escapism. I hear things like, "Quick, move to New Zealand, everyone you've ever known and loved is ABOUT TO DIE. What? You can't afford to move? Hmm, maybe its your karma." (secretly gloating over their "abundance", which proves they are more "spiritual" than you). I bet a lot of people are making a lot of money off of this "event".

My gf's co-worker baby sits for a New Age couple, and recently she has noticed the two kids are very depressed. When she asked them what was up, they told her their parents have been telling them that when 2012 arrives the world is going to end and everyone is going to be abducted by aliens. The children were deeply depressed and saying things like "life doesn't seem worth living" because they were so concerned about the world ending. She apparently had to do many hours of "counseling" with them to get them back to a positive outlook. It is sad and pathetic how people will program such fear into their children. I wonder if the parents spend their time reading forums such as this?

This is probably as good a time as any to suggest once again that everyone read the Cosmic Awareness messages about this event:

http://www.cosmicawareness.com
perhaps is offline   Reply With Quote