Thread: Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #34
Keebler808

Default Re: Hawaii

Hey Ro, don't take things too seriously. I know that you have discovered a newfound path and as we discussed, your instincts toward being a fighter or defender are kicking in. You just have to be careful that you don't alienate others. You and I both understand how messages on forums can get distorted and misunderstood (ILR and RH). I actually welcome differing viewpoints because if we all thought the same way, then we'd be sheep just like the majority of humanity. It's our different and sometimes opposing perspectives which allows us to grow and adapt. You started out wanting to build connections with other people in our community so try not to forget that enthusiasm and desire for positive change.

Omnicentricity.....I wholeheartedly appreciated the offer. While I feel that I do have quite a bit intellectually and spiritually that I could offer to such meetings or groups, I don't feel that I am quite in a place where I am able to do so. I don't have transportation (I know, I know...there is the BUS), but I am still recovering from a severe professional burnout that has taken the better part of 2 years to get over. I'm still, at this point, trying to work through personal issues while also trying to find my place in this changing and turbulent world. I truly hope that you are able to form a group of people to get together, if for nothing more than to talk about things, with hopes that I may one day in the future partake. But at this time, aside from very strong opinions/beliefs, I don't feel I have any tangible skills or resources that would help others in the event that catastrophe happens. Small communities of cooperation will be the key to surviving calamity and each person will have to earn their place in their respective small society to be a worthwhile asset to the group. I am working now to find out what it is I can offer and how I will earn my place in the new paradigm as the current financial and economic model has created too many people dependent on a system that is rapidly falling apart and who will not have the ability to provide for themselves, their families, or their communities when the **** hits the fan. I am progressing on my path and sucking up as much knowledge as I am able to so hopefully soon I will reach that point of capability. I hope the invitation will be an open one.

ALOHA!
Kai