View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: The Last Mimzy IS bang on with Dan Burisch

I'm one of those folks who loved 'The Last Mimzy.' Of course my focus was on the end of the movie where one saw a beautiful planet with humans who had amazing abilities.

This is the story of how those from the future, who had been focused on greed and power corrupted and contaminated their enviorment so thourghly that all was dying, even the people. In their search to save themselves they sent Mimzy back to our time in search of DNA from a pure heart. It was their hope they could correct the damage they had created from their multiple sin if this pure heart's DNA could be brought forward in time and used to heal their damaged DNA.

One is looking at the compassion of the innocent as this young child wants to see a better world for everyone. Subsequently, it is the tears from her distress that fall onto Mimzy's tummy which travel forward, into the future that are used to heal the people there. Onced healed, they take on the qualities of telepathy, levitation and great heart.

I guess each individual's perception of this movie is all a matter of perspective, isn't it?
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote