View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #49
bashi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: No Food - No Fear

M. Werner mentioned an important aspect of being a Breatharian:

The social implications of not eating any food.

We are living in a society in which the consummation of food in a group is an important aspect of social bonding. Anybody not participating in it will face the consequences. In the end it can be that there are much less parties, dinners or social gatherings to be attended to, either by free will or by not being invited because of the inherent strangeness of being a Breatharian.
The psychological impact of this change of society’s attitude towards a Breatharian should not be underestimated. There are three ways out:
1. You are not bothered too much about this change of attitude, and it is not affecting you too much.
2. You are bothered and are actively looking for a new group, in which your Breatharian status is not only tolerated, but very much welcomed.
3. You follow common social expectation & pressure and then start eating again.

Most people who have gone through the process of becoming a Breatharian, have in the end started eating again. For some it was because of social pressure, but for others it was a kind of boring to be a Breatharian. There is a kind of “Lust for Taste” phenomenon with many Breatharians. This is not hunger, but the urge to taste, say a fresh apple or a fresh bread. It’s about the taste-sensation being more a carnal desire than a mere hunger, that drives somebody to start eating again.
When i started eating again, because of social pressure, then it was also perceived like a kind of lowering my energies. The chewing and swallowing was an act of profanity, which others expected me to perform.
I started with cereals, dry fruits and nuts; mixed, ground and boiled; no milk products in the beginning.

Last edited by bashi; 02-18-2010 at 03:14 PM.
bashi is offline   Reply With Quote