Thread: My dreams...
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Chris1617
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: My dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matronmedusa View Post
Ever since I was a little girl, I had these disturbing dreams of looking into the skies and seeing all sorts of things flying around, shooting at each other, and chaos on the ground below. Always different dreams, but the same scenarios. It seemed that EVERY time I looked to the sky in my dream, even if I saw nothing, I KNEW something terrifying was going to happen, and I would wake myself quickly, out of fear. It seemed at least once or twice a month I was having these sorts of dreams, and it absolutely terrified me. It was total chaos, and I always thought of Armageddon.

One time, a few years back, I dreamed I looked to the sky and saw orbs (like spirits) dancing around the night sky. The stars began to move, and before I knew it, there were dragons flying with the orbs, and they began circling like vultures. Soon, the whole night sky was lit up with all shapes and sizes of craft. The dragons landed in front of me, and began to surround me. They looked like half man/ half dragon, like a creature from the old dungeons and dragons game. I had a sword, and fought furiously, but as I was overcome, I woke up in a sweat.
Just my opinion, but these sound to me like dreams from the far deeper realms of your own inner levels of consciousness. The sky can often represent the unconscious. That's big enough to make it feel apocalyptic, and this can be added to by your being a vivid dreamer. I have had dreams of skies full of craft, and in my case, I realize now that these were actually wish fulfillment coupled with image manifestation of my interest. Whatever the mind focuses on it manifests in dreams.

Now you are older do you think Armageddon will be a battle with the sky full of different craft? Should that (Armag) happen it will likely be missiles or very similar looking craft in the sky.

Quote:
There have been many, many more since then, but the more I have these dreams, the less afraid I am. Big step from a little girl hiding under her blanket when she wakes in a cold sweat!
This is somewhat typical of someone who grows up to handle the content of their own unconscious.

Quote:
In one of the dreams, I was on a boat in the middle of the ocean watching over some children playing on the deck. The blue sky lit up with a flash, and a craft came down as some strange men began boarding the boat. I confronted them, questioning their intentions, and I got an uneasy feeling. I felt they were coming for the children, so I stood my ground and told them, "Oh no, not this time!" As soon as I stood up to them, they slunk away and disappeared. I felt empowered...like "How DARE they!"
I find these types of dreams fascinating tests in which we are challenged to see how we will respond. Do we really have our values right when the reality is changed? These IMO really reinforce our understanding at deeper levels. Deepening our understanding and level of experience they lead to the development of wisdom, one of life's main goals. This illustrates IMO one way in which our psyche can assist in the development of wisdom, which is dependent upon experience, knowledge, intelligence, understanding and other heart frequencies, notably in your example, of compassion, appreciation and valor.

Quote:
In most of them, though, I see chaos and war, and my husband and I are the ones gathering people and leading them to safety. We run, dodging falling debris, and trying to stay out of sight of the "evil" ones...
Do the two of you run something like a Marriage Guidance Council? Perhaps you could. Or maybe you see the two of you as a guide and helper of mankind.

Quote:
Just dreams?? Or contact on a subconscious level?? I don't know. I know that they've haunted me since I was a small child, and as grew up, I began to understand that they weren't ALL to be feared. The dragons are always after me though, and they are relentless and dangerous. I always fight them, usually sacrificing myself so my children can get to safety, but I always wake up before I am captured or die.

Any thoughts or analysis??
This is somewhat evocative of the psychology of Grail stories, which depict the dramas of growing up and becoming a true human being. Many are played out in the dream realm. The male too must learn to sacrifice himself, though first to the wife and then the family. The mother, of course, first to the children. These are the basic/archetypal psychological models. Defeating the dragons can show the male side within you fulfilling it's role as the crusading warrior on the noble journey. Eventually he learns it is not necessary to fight the dragons to defeat them; there are other more elegant ways; and greater purposes for him to reach his fulfillment.

These dragons may also represent men generally, or a man specifically, in your life.

Thank you for sharing your interesting dreams.

Last edited by Chris1617; 10-18-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Chris1617 is offline   Reply With Quote