View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Olam
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: eXKavier ... a new eXchange ...CANADA - Ontario

Exchanger!,that is a huge plan.....or a huge community I should say. It great to see all the work you have all done so far. The reason Im replying though is about the "150,000".

I myself do not have these resources, in fact Im pretty poor, and that is my biggest problem for the upcoming challenges. I f I decide to sell valuable stuff I own, I could maybe come up with 25,000 dollars.....I always thought that I would have to make it with just that.

Don't get me wrong, the more money in the pot, the more "energy' to work with, but at the same time, if we talk about the spirit of the people you would want in your team, Im not sure that everyone with 150,000 would be spiritually aligned in the same direction.

Here in Canada, that amount of money could be considered rich. Well, you might end up with rich people who have nothing else to contribute and just want to save their asses. In that spirit, you could end up with problems down the road.
If you are not aware of Michael St-Clair, check him out....I really like his way of thinking when we talk about building mini societies for the futur.
He mentions that your "team", or "society" is as weak as its weakest link...in other words, if you end up with people who are not grounded,spiritual, or minded to "work" in the same direction as everyone....the whole project could easily be compromised.

Im just saying that some people with lots of money could have a selfish attitude and bog down the process of creating a community, just because they never really worked spiritually but more selfserving than anything else.
Also, 1700 people, that would be hard to assure that everyone is on the same page!

Im not saying that your views or project is vowed for failure, but it seems to me that 1700 people could end up being like you never left the city...

I hope Im not being too negative here because its not that at al..OK?

Cheers
Olam
Olam is offline   Reply With Quote