View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #220
TheGhost
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon

The 70 year possibility is not an exaggeration whatsoever. He found some VERY sensitive information about the US military's capabilities (non-terrestrial officers).

The plea agreement he was offered was not legally binding for the US authroities, i.e. it wasn't worth the paper it was written on, therefore it was not an offer he could accept.

He admitted to "hacking" (and I use that term loosely) but he did not admit to causing damage to the computers, which is what the US authorities are charging him with (lo-and-behold, precisely $5,000 worth of damage per computer - the minimum necessary to bring charges).

Gary is not the one who is making insinuations. The prosecutor said he wanted to see him "fry" - insinuating the death penalty (or perhaps an acccident?).

And I ask you yet again: how does one defend themselves when the prosecution is not required to provide evidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murnut View Post
The 70 years is exaggerated, 90 % of hacking crimes have sentences below 5 years, most serve less than 2, which is about what Gary was offered in a plea agreement, WHICH HE REFUSED.

Gary should not have admitted his guilt, but he did.... and his health has been made worse by the ufo community putting their concerns before Gary's.

They have urged Gary to fight their fight for them.

Shame on them!

They are just as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.

But the ultimate blame lies with Gary himself.

Make a deal Gary, you will feel so much better.

And if you want to improve your chances of a deal in your favor, stop with the insinuations of Guantanamo, torture, and tribunals.

You might catch more flies with honey.

Your offer of vinegar, has obviously not worked.

PC's offer of Danny B and Marcia M to testify in your behalf only serves the agenda of the ufo fringe, and has no legal standing in relation to the charges.

Those who get favorable plea agreements, generally apologize and are contrite.

Those that do this serve less than 18 mos on average.

Please get some competent legal advise.
TheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote